Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ramadan Day 6

I missed suhoor today!

I went to bed late like 1230 working on some stuff and planning for Monday and idiotic supervisors at camp and forgot to set my alarm! It’s been on 3:45 for the past few days now but i remember setting it for 5:45 the other day so i could sleep after suhoor and still wake up early. anyway I totally forgot to set my alarm and that would explain why i missed suhoor this morning. I remember thinking to myself though while i was laying down... why hasn't my alarm gone off yet? it seems like i'm getting a good rest tonight... Let me look at my clock just to make sure. Oh shoot!!! I missed it! well, oh well just gotta suck it up and make it happen like I always do. no excuses!

I got up prayed and slept for another 2 hours before i made my way to camp so i could enjoy and pass some time with the kids! It was an experience today man. It seemed like the day took so long to go by. usually that’s not the case but i think it was a combination of me being a little stressed that i had a lot of reading to do when i got home as well as it being the last week of camp! The councilors are so antsy to get done with the camp it’s so obvious, me i can’t really stand the counselors anyway except for a few of them so that adds to how tedious the days can be for me haha.

I could feel the effects of not eating suhoor today though. Its rare that i feel that affected by whether or not i have suhoor but i believe it was partly b/c I was focusing on the kids too so that wares me down a lot emotionally as well as physically, believe me I felt it today.

I had to rush home today b/c i was feeling the pressure to get my readings done b/c i hadn't done any of it all day. It usually takes me about 2-2.5 hours to finish it all if i'm not doing well but on a good day about 2 hours. I got home today and i was so hungry and stressed out i just couldn't focus enough to read well and i was so slow. I just felt my body telling me to stop and sleep but i had to try to plug through so i could relax my mind a little if i tried to sleep. If its one thing we all know its very hard to rest, relax, or sleep when the mind is going mile a minute! I pushed through and managed to finish one of my 2 readings and started the second one before i decided to relax and clear my head.

I took about an half hour power nap and that worked wonders for me. I woke up and surprisingly K.O.ed the rest of my reading flipping pages with alacrity (or so it felt by my standards) and right as i finished it was time for iftar (breaking fast time)!

Though a little tight with the timing i managed to get it all done and I was happy about today. Tomorrow i will make the proper adjustments.

1. Set alarm clock
2. Start reading a little bit in the morning
3. Use any extra time i get to get ahead not talk and socialize!

People thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope it was helpful and worth your time. I'll try and keep them shorter and sweeter though.

Ma'as-salama (goodbye in arabic),
Mustafa

No comments: