Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 16

Ran though a pack of dogs today. Had no idea where i was going b/c i was walking through some really thick bushes! then all of a sudden I stumble on an open field and see a pack of dogs. They immediately just start chasing me and run me all the way back through the bushes and up this really short tree which was high enough just to keep me out of their mouths!

J/K: Now wouldn't that have been exciting haha. Not really!
The truth is it was just another day in the month of good ole Ramadan. I had suhoor (i'm getting good at it again yaaay!) and then went to SCSU to see if i could meet the new president of the school! I didn't get to meet him in the organized setting that we had planned to meet him. I cant say i am mad though b/c the plan was to hang out at an ice cream social and if you only knew how torturous that would have been for me just imagine yourself there not allowed to eat any of it! Instead, as me and the other track coaches were walking across campus to check on some friends we bumped into him for a very brief but fulfilling moment!

I have been keeping up with the reading and the days have been boring by design so as to maximize on my subr (subr = patience) and self awareness and restraint. Sorry for boring yall... the fun stuff is coming... I hope lol.

Ma-assalama
Mustafa

No comments: