Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ramadan day (I forget right now)

why cant the days and weeks and months just all be in Arabic and done by the Gregorian calendar man? Sometimes its just too hard to keep track of the days of the Islamic calendar and the days everyone else is using without messing up one. Anyway, today was nice man. My brother came and checked me in CT last night and it was good. We always have a good time. We went to the mosque and did Tarawi (night prayer supplemental prayers during the month of Ramadan). We were standing by one of the most beautiful Hafiz/Qarees I've ever heard.

Hafiz = one who has memorized the entire Holy Quran from cover to cover.
Qaree = one who recites Holy Quran to perfection

Often if you are a Hafiz you are a Qaree by default but that is not always the case. This is not the first time I've been there to hear him but its the first time I've ever brought someone to the mosque to hear him. I am forgetting his name right now but i will get that for you.

anyway man Its getting kind of hectic right now just seeing Ramadan dwindle away right now. I want to get it over with so bad but I also realize when its gone this level of spiritual motivation in the community will be gone so it will be a big time struggle for now one. So I'm torn between loving it and enjoying every day and just drooling over every snicker bar i see!!! I will be aight inshallah (Inshallah = God willing)

One love you all
Ma-assalama
Mustafa

No comments: