Friday, September 10, 2010

Eid Mubarak!!!

Well I celebrated Eid today after all! It was a good day man. I woke up nice and early, did some reading and then got ready for Eid. This Eid was also really nice b/c after the prayer we got to actually eat homemade food and the kids got to play on a bounce-about and play basketball etc. I also got to serve cotton candy for the first time so that was especially fun. Eid is a fun and celebratory time so this day felt like it had all of the festivities necessary and so it was a good feeling. Now I just have about 6-8 more days to fast and then i'm done for a little bit. The reason i fast an extra 6 days after Ramadan is b/c there is a hadith that says to fast an additional 6 days in the first month following Ramadan and you will get rewards as if you had fasted the entire year! The other 2 days that I may do to add on are just to satisfy me for some days that i felt my fast in Ramadan may have been a little bit compromised unintentionally.

Talk again soon,
Ma'assalama
Mustafa

PS My hair cut also felt good today. I could feel the breeze tickle my ears as it flickered past them while I ran. It gives me chills and goose bumps to feel that! I love new hair cuts.

No comments: