Thursday, September 9, 2010

Confessions

Ramadan is just about over and now i'm gonna come clean. I dont usually follow the calendar that they put out on the exact times of the beginning and end of ramadan to be honest. What i do is I start counting the days of the moon about 3 months before Ramadan comes and then i watch the moon from that point on. A lot of times I dont end up seeing the moon and when that happens the proper protocall as I was taught according to the Sunnah of Muhammad (SAS) is that you are supposed to look for the moon after the 29th day in whatever month you are in and then if you see it at sunset of the 29th day then the next month begins and if you dont then proceed with the 30th day of that month and then sunset of that day is the beginning of the next month.

Ramadan falls in this same category. However, with the islamic calendar coming out for the whole year we often find that some people follow the calendar's dates and others dont and try to look for the moon. I am one of the "look for the moon" school of thought. Thats the way I grew up doing it and thats the way i like to do it. Therefore, I am fasting today as my 29th day of fasting and if i dont see the moon tonight then I will continue to fast tomorrow and have Eid-ul-Fitr saturday. Crazy!!! but thats just how it is.

I have been running again and my body actually feels pretty good. Foots not killing me and the ankle is doing well also. Fasting and being structured and disciplined is really helping me i guess. Its kinda taking me back to the days of college when i had a lot of stuff to do and just couldn't relax haha. Good ole Dartmouth man. I love that place. Dont know what i would do if I lived in Jersey right next to princeton...??? however i do know how one princeton alum feels about her experience and life in hanover. I dont want to overstate this but "LOVES IT!!!"

I rest my case... Go green!

Ma-assalama people!
Mustafa

No comments: