Sunday, September 5, 2010

Its almost over man! bitter sweet though...

Well my last blog was Thursday sorry for the missed days. It’s been pretty busy these days. That’s kinda the best thing for Ramadan being busy and productive or active. Frankly its just so tedious if you don’t have anything to do to take your mind away from the fact that you're fasting. Don’t feel sorry for us fasting just look to get involved ;-).

Friday i was so busy had so much to do. I had to teach class, then go map out a 10k loop for our cross country guys, then went to Jumah (friday prayer), then came back and watched them run the 6.2 mile loop, then finally i got to go and kick my own but in 9x300. Wow what a day! Got it done though... That’s my motto this year... just get stuff done and take things one day one task one interval at a time and keep a positive attitude. Have fun with it.

Saturday was my day of catching up and getting back control of my spiritual goals for Ramadan. I had fallen behind the past 2/3 days in my reading of the Holy Quran (in Arabic). Frankly I just had to get out of the house and go and focus on what i had to do. I went to the mosque for the whole day and just read and read and read some more. eventually I caught up, went ahead, and felt good about myself again. That’s the way to do it man. I think i will do that again.

I will say more soon

Maassalam
Mustafa

No comments: