Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Make New Friends

But keep the old! I just finished working with the kids at the Y in New haven for the summer. It was really an experience that I didn't think would be as fulfilling as it was. I had a lot of fun and I know I was really significant to the kids in their lives. The only thing is I didn't realize until I told them that it was my last week. They didn't really get too emotional but they made it clear to me that they had love for me which was cool. I had "the juice" that day too so I decided I’d put on a dunking show for them. They had been asking me for the whole time but I didn't have the energy until my last day - weird how that works huh.

so now I’m at the Hamden Y just getting used to the new set of kids at the Camp mountain laurel for the summer. It’s really a great change of pace b/c they kids are older a little more mature and able to control their emotions and coexist with each other without trying to murder on another! But it’s been my first 3 days and I can honestly say I have really enjoyed it and I really look forward to the next few weeks with them.

No comments: