Sunday, June 6, 2010

Once again its on!!!

I had been away from the Y for a while b/c i had a lot of stuff to take care of at home and in life. Because of this fact I was nervous about how I would be received going back to the Y after a few weeks. It was great though b/c it was as if i never left and all i got was great love and hugs and high-fives from the boys and girls! Once that happened I was right back into it and picked up right where i left off. In fact I even figured out how I could do more with them and have a more organized impact on them. Instead of just playing with them unorganized and randomly. So now I have decided to insert myself as a gym teacher and see how that works. I know it will require great organization, but also flexibility and adaptability. I will keep you all posted on how that goes haha.

There is a potential for me to begin working with an older youth group (after school program) at a Y closer to me so I am stoked about that. However, finding time to be able to work and insert myself with this new group will be another challenge though. I'm up for it though. It is exciting to think about how I will be able to do this, but also excited to have this opportunity at the same time! The best thing about it though is the possibility that I'll be able to use the pool at the Y for free!!! hahaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Can you believe that there is no outdoor public pool in new haven! It makes no sense to me! This would never be the case in good ole bean town baby! I guess its true that there is no place like my home; nothing compares to Boston baby! The celts will win game 2 tonight!

Go Green!

No comments: