Monday, November 22, 2010

Shout out to the SCSU Men's and Women's Cross Country track teams! Both teams took third place at the NCAA division 2 regional meet by only one spot. Second place was only 5 points away for the women, and a bit more the the men (48ish) for the men. Big ups to Alacia Grabel taking 2nd place and doing us proud (and by us i mean the cheering squad). Its clear the programs are moving in the right direction under the new leadership wink wink.

I brought a cheering team to help motivate the men's and women's teams. It was great to have the support that we did for our team that early in the morning, while every other team just watched and wished they had the kind of support we brought for our team. I ran the cheering squad obviously. I thought we did well but i know we can do better still. We are getting there though. We just need a few more people to step away from their shells, and let go of their insecurities so that they find security within the cheering group itself! In time I guess.

I got a chance to run with a friend last week too and it felt really good. He is a former 800m runner from Adams State - Nick Lara. We ran repeat 200's a staple in the old training regiment. It was clear that his body was totally capable with no real training. I guess after all that running you transform into a running machine for life. I'd say I haven't gotten to that point yet. I'd say I'm about 10,000 miles away from Nick Lara status, but pure well rounded and general athleticism...That's all me ;-). I got in a few good games of basketball, and some good lifting sessions also. I'm excited to see what this week has in store. I'll keep you guys posted.

Until next time people
Mustafa

No comments: